Monday, January 11, 2021

1-11-2021 Journal Entry, aka Life Insurance

I got the two life insurance checks in the mail today, so it took a little over 6 weeks.  One was dated in December but they must have held it to be sent with the one dated last week.  My purse felt very heavy with those checks in there.

I also picked up up my van from the shop which is strange for me because Scott always handled the vehicle repairs.

Then Tara came over to get some paperwork from me.  I asked her to explain to me what's going on with the arbitration and what does "Line of Duty" mean.  So, my understanding is that the federal government doesn't include dispatchers as first responders so the fire chief denied the claim that this was a "line of duty death", even though she called it that in the press release and in her speech to the press.  The head of the city's HR denied it, stating he wasn't in "fire suppression", which makes no sense because paramedics and EMTs don't put out fires and they would count as first responders.  The union has taken it to arbitration because he still had paramedic credentials and could have been put in the field at any time.  LODD or "Line of Duty Death" would give me monthly pay until I reached the age where I could draw out of his 401(a).  They are concurrently working on a workman's comp claim and a federal "LODD" claim.

My daughter Arrena and I had a long talk about a lot of things, but first off, she told me she wasn't moving to Michigan.  At least not now, that's the plan.  We talked about a lot of things but that's all I want to write about for now.

No comments: