Friday, January 1, 2021

1-1-2021 Journal Entry, aka How to Help Someone Who is Grieving

I'm glad to be going to my friend's house tomorrow for dinner.  I think some people don't know what to do for someone who's grieving, but for me, getting out of the house is something to look forward to.  More people should invite out someone grieving.  I'm not going to move, but here I am surrounded by things that remind me he lived here (his shoes, his toothpaste, his vitamins, etc.) but also things that remind me he's gone, like the cased folded flags and the empty side of the bed.  But then I carry around my phone which still has reminders.  My calendar app still has all his work days, vacation, and on call weeks listed.  I can't bring myself to erase them.  Every time Facebook tells me I have memories, he's always included.  But, I suppose the good memories are better than his death.

No comments: