Saturday, December 26, 2020

12-26-2020 Journal Entry, aka Seeing Signs of You

Maybe it's that I'm tired from driving back to KC.  Maybe it was my great-uncle's funeral today back at Lakeview, but I'm feeling sad today.

Billy had another meltdown before the funeral.

I see your Gatorades still here from when you were sick (Billy is about to finish them off) and your diet Pepsi's and I just still can't believe you're gone.  I keep expecting you to be mad I'm letting Billy play your xbox or be mad I'm spending money, which you wouldn't really be mad about, also which I wouldn't have if you were still here.

I have a feeling it's going to be a rough night and I'll end up in your bed.

Earlier today, Isidro gave me a gift.  Inside was a card, a coloring book (Words of Grace) because I told him I lost my creativity, and a devotional called Peace in the Face of Loss.  The first devotion covered Proverbs 19:21 and Deuteronomy 32:4 and how our plans aren't always HIS plans.  How many times have I said we had more to do, places to go, PLANS?  Isaiah 55:8, 9.

No comments: