Friday, December 18, 2020

12-18-2020 Journal Entry, aka Honors

Today Tara took me to fire HQ for "paperwork".  It turned out they were giving me a Tvedten angel, named after a firefighter that died in the line of duty in 1998.  It comes with a "Secret Santa" cash gift.  They choose one person each year.  They also gave me proclamations from the mayor, the governor, and the words that congressman Cleaver spoke on the floor of the House of Representatives.  There were also flags in cases that flew at half-mast over the state capital building and a small one that flew over the U.S. Capitol.  There was a challenge coin from the state marshal and cards received from all over the nation.  It was a lot to take in.  When I took the cash to the bank, they asked my occupation so I hope the IRS doesn't come after me.  We also stopped by E2 Embroidery and they had an ornament for me and a check from a fundraiser they did the week of Thanksgiving for us and the family of the captain that died.

No comments: