Thursday, February 18, 2021

2-18-2021 Journal Entry, aka Dog?

It's just been a blech day all around.  I didn't feel great to start with and then I got an email that Billy wasn't approved for the service dog I applied for.  They only work with kids 5-13.  I thought maybe it wasn't a hard and fast rule, but apparently it is.  I went to a lot of trouble to apply and get letters of recommendation.  I feel so deflated.  I looked at a few other places out of state and the waiting list was 4-5 YEARS.  I don't know whether to just get him a pet and try to get it certified as a support animal or what.  He wants a pug, but I want something bigger.  He wants a puppy and I do adult rescues.  I just don't know what to do.  And I don't want to go through "what happens when/if he moves out."  It's just frustrating.

No comments: