Sunday, February 14, 2021

2-14-2021 Journal Entry, aka Valentine's Day

I've never been a big fan of Valentine's Day, but I didn't realize how pervasive it was until this year.  I've been avoiding Facebook posts like the plague.  Scott always got me and the girls flowers.  He got them for the girls so they'd grow up, knowing what treatment to expect from a good man.  He often recruited Billy to help to teach him the right way to treat women.  I'm forever thankful that he tried to teach/show my children things like this.  My Facebook memories was full of flowers he'd gotten me over the years.  A couple of weeks ago, I saw a picture of a bouquet he got me just because I was having a hard day.  He was so good to me and I miss him.

The big excitement today was that Paul (my daughter's boyfriend) asked Arrena to marry him.  I knew it was going to be today.  He came over a few weeks ago to get my blessing and talked over plans with me.  It wasn't a surprise to Arrena, but now it's official.  Seems so soon for me to enter the phase of life where I have a son-in-law.  I'm still wrapping my head around empty nesting.  I wish Scott could be here to see her down the aisle and for grandkids, when they come.  It's not fair he did so much of the work and doesn't get to see the end result.  He deserved a place of honor.

No comments: