Tuesday, March 2, 2021

3-2-2021 Journal Entry, aka New Dog

Sometimes I wonder if my depression leaves me numb and emotionless or do I just not cry as much because...  God is my strength?  I know I have hope in Christ to see my husband again?  I know I can't compare my journey to anyone else's, but I feel like I cry less than other widows.  Why is that?

I finally remembered to text the lady Isidro wanted me to talk to.  She called me and we talked for two and a half hours.  Is this my purpose?

We DID get a dog Sunday.   The first one Billy picked out had some behavior issues that were red flags, so they suggested Riley.  We met him and Billy loved him, so we took him home and Billy renamed him Patrick after Patrick Mahomes.  He's a Shepherd/Basset mix, so he has a big body with short little legs.  Arrena and Paul went with us to meet him and Kimberly and Eli met us at the house to see him.  They were all playing in the back yard.  It was strange bringing in a new member of the family that has never known Scott, but also nice to see something bring everyone together.  Kimberly took Billy and Patrick to PetCo.  We're signed up for obedience classes starting next week.

No comments: