Saturday, May 31, 2008

We had a celebrity sighting today!

Okay, so it was a local celebrity, but it was funny nonetheless. Notorious, more than famous. If you have ever watched the TV show Cops, you know how dumb the people on that show can be. I always cringe when they do an episode in our city (Wichita, KS) because you don't want people to think that every person here is an inbred, ignorant hick criminal. There was an episode we had seen a few years ago that took place here and involved a woman. I can't remember what she had gotten pulled over for (erratic driving, speeding, illegal turn, something like that) and when she stopped, instead of pulling over to the side of the road, she turned into a driveway at Linwood Park. But, it's one of those driveways that is blocked by a chain, so she was half out in the road. I think the police thought she was going to turn around and run, so they pulled behind her to block her in, so they were both blocking the oncoming lane of traffic. And it had been raining, obviously, so that area was flooded. She was mad. I think something had happened before all of this (there was some allusion to her ex-husband or something like that), so she was already ticked off and that's likely why she was driving the way she was. The officers kept asking her what was wrong and if they could help her, but she refused and just kept saying, "you can give me the ticket so I can go." She was so belligerent that I think they ended up searching her. She was hot (very mad). It really wasn't the officers fault, she was just already mad about something, let it affect her driving, and got caught, so she took it out on the wrong people. And when they finally let her go, she spun tires and acted like an idiot. They probably had grounds to arrest her. Chris always said that he thought she looked familiar.

Well, today we were at the flea market, and as we were leaving, a couple of women walked in. I thought one looked familiar and I was trying to figure out where I knew her from. Then it dawned on me that it was that woman! I burst out laughing. I nudged Chris and said, "did you see that woman?" He smiled and answered, "it's the one from Cops." Made me want to ask for her autograph, but if her Cops appearance was any indication of her disposition, I figured I better leave that one alone.

No comments: