Wednesday, November 12, 2008

When it Rains, It Pours

Some of you know what is going on in our lives right now and I don't feel the need to broadcast it here. At least not now. Maybe when I feel stronger, my story might help someone else, but for now, I'd rather just survive it. Anyways, it seems like I can't catch a break. When I got up this morning, the dogs had made a mess in the garage. They had escaped their kennels and had pooped all over the garage, chewed two shoes that were left by the back door, and had torn up the blinds on the back door. I have had it with these dogs. They have not endeared themselves to me like previous pets. They have been strictly outdoor animals and have constantly been destructive. They ate half of the shed and we had to rebuild it. Knowing that we will be moving in the next couple of months and will likely end up in an apartment or a trailer park, I know the dogs will have to find a new home eventually. This upsets the kids. They don't have the same indifference towards the dogs that I do. And I hate having to take pets away from the kids. My dad did that when I was a kid and I hated him for it. I don't want to be the bad guy here. Okay, so if that wasn't enough pressure, I went to check the mail and had a letter from our property management company saying they will be doing property checks on Friday. We never paid a pet deposit, so they don't know that we have the dogs. So, I either have to give them away or find a way to hide them before Friday or I will have to come up with the $400 pet deposit. And obviously I have to make sure the house is in order in a day and a half, which it is not. I have been packing. And of course, my expensive vacuum cleaner chose this time to quit on me. So, my floors are a mess and I have to try to sweep them with a broom, which is a pain. And Billy got creative with some markers (on the wall, the banister, & the carpet), so I have to get that cleaned up before they come. As if that didn't have me stressed enough, my fridge quit. I had thought for a couple of days that my drinks weren't very cold. But, at first I thought it was my imagination. I have been so distracted with other things. Finally, it came to my conscious mind that it wasn't right, so I tried to adjust the temperature setting. But that didn't work, so today I checked the thermometer and it was 65 degrees in the fridge! And we have been eating things out of there! Arrena had been complaining about a stomachache--I probably gave her food poisoning! What a horrible mom! So far, the freezer is still frozen, but I don't know if that is just because we are in it less or what. I called the property management company and they said they would send someone out, but who knows how long that will take. And I will have to throw away most everything in the fridge. If my emotional level wasn't on the very edge before, I also found out last night that my cousin Jesse was in a head-on collision and is in the ICU. They say he will live, but I don't know much else. I would like to go see him, but I can't take Billy with me. And my mom today told me that my grandpa is getting more and more confused, asking grandma to take him to where they are staying (when they are at home already) and asking where the bathroom is. That worries and upsets me. Please pray for me and my grandpa and my cousin and a friend of mine whose husband was laid off right after they found out she was pregnant.

1 comment:

Pedro and Felis Patlan said...

Oh Robyn...I am so sorry that you are going through all these trials...let me just say that you are strong and it amazes me how in all this you are still trusting that God will take care of you...that is awesome...I know so many people who would have given up on God with all these trials. Keep your eyes on Him and He will get you through all this.