Tuesday, June 29, 2021

6-29-2021 Journal Entry, aka Songs

One Day by Cochren & Co.

One day there'll be no more lives taken too soon.  One day there'll be no more need for a hospital room.  One day every tear that falls will be wiped by His Hand.  We will see the promised land.  Mmm.  Hallelujah, there will be healing from this heartache we've been feeling.  We'll sing in the darkest night 'cause we know that the light will come and there will be healing, hallelujah.


Scars in Heaven by Casting Crowns (makes me cry every time)

If I had only known the last time would be the last time I would have put off all the things I had to do.  I would have stayed a little longer, held on a little tighter.  Now what I'd give for one more day with you.  'Cause there's a wound here in my heart where something's missing.  And they tell me that it's gonna heal with time.  But I know you're in a place where all your wounds have been erased and knowing yours are healed is healing mine.  The only scars in Heaven they won't belong to me and you.  There'll be no such thing as broken and all the old will be made new.  And the thought that makes me smile now, even as the tears fall down is that the only scars in Heaven are on the hands that hold you now.  I know the road you walked was anything but easy.  You picked up your share of scars along the way.  Oh, but now you're standing in the sun, you've fought your fight and your race is run.  The pain is all a million miles away.  There's not a day goes by that I don't see you.  You live on in all the better parts of me.  Until I'm standing with you in the sun, I'll fight this fight and this race I'll run until I finally see what you can see.

No comments: