Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Perspective

All of this mess and chaos that I am dealing with now is only temporary. Someday the striving will all be over and in light of eternity, what will all this matter? What is your life? It is a vapor that is here for a short time and then vanishes away. "I will rise when He calls my name. No more sorrow, no more pain. I will rise on eagles' wings, before my God, fall on my knees." All of this is not what's important. There is something (and Someone) greater.

Another thought: if God be for us, who can be against us? I know I am a child of God. I know the children are His as well. He knows our needs and will provide and protect us. "How much more will our heavenly Father give to us?" Why should I fear when I know I am on the winning team? "I shall not fear what man will do unto me." Me and God can defeat any army! Well, He doesn't need me to do that. He has our best interest in mind so I will trust Him to see the plan through.

"Promise me you'll always remember: you're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." --Christopher Robin to Winnie the Pooh

No comments: