Sunday, January 17, 2010

My Caribbean Cruise Blog Day 9 (well, technically, it's still my cruise blog, even if we're not on the ship anymore!)

Non-cruiser’s Log, Day 9 (1/17/10)

We got up at 3:30am, thanks to Scott. I had my alarm set to weekdays! We got on a shuttle at 4am and headed to the Miami airport. Side note: I am concerned about any airport whose abbreviation is MIA….

It took a long time to get through security because the line was LONG. They finally opened another line and things started moving faster. We finally got through a little after 5am. We ate a little breakfast, then went to the terminal. We boarded and flew to Charlotte, North Carolina. The only time I have ever been in North Carolina was back when I lived in Tennessee and we went to Cherokee. The mountains are beautiful. I miss the south.

We had a 3 ½ hour layover in Charlotte, so we pulled out the laptops and visited Chili’s for my favorite chips and salsa! I am a little miffed at Chili’s because they took away one of my favorite dishes, the chicken bacon ranch tacos. Now they have these mini corn tortilla tacos and they are not very good. Anyways, I digress…

We finally boarded the plane and headed for home. We got there in no time and took a shuttle to where we parked the car and took off for home. The kids had made "welcome home" signs and had prepared a little "welcome back" lunch complete with streamers strung here and there, party hats, and those funny blowout noise makers. I had a great time, but I am glad to be at home. I really missed the kids. I had the best time, just sharing the pictures with them and having Billy fall asleep in my lap. There's no place like home!

No comments: